Minimum Server / Single PC Hardware Requirements
- Server class PC running one of the operating systems below.
- Intel or AMD 1.4 + GHz processor
- 512Mb RAM
- 8-10 Gb free disk space is recommended to allow for database growth.
- Hardware based RAID optional, (software RAID is not recommended)
- Off-Line Backup System (tape drive or other storage)
- For Microsoft SQL Server higher performance hardware is recommended
Server Operating System Requirements
- Windows 2000 Server
- Windows 2000 Pro
- Windows 2003 Server
- Windows XP Pro
- Windows XP Home
- Red Hat Linux 9
Application & Database Server Requirements
- BlueDragon Application Server (included)
- MySQL Database Server (included)
- Microsoft-SQL Server (optional, customer must purchase and setup separately)
- Reliable TCP/IP Connectivity between server and all workstations
Minimum Workstation Requirements
- 800MHz+ PC
- Windows 2000 or XP
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Windows and Internet Explorer Updates Current
- If anyone claims their system is invulnerable, they were probably also involved in the design
of the Titanic. Security, like animal care and control, is a cat and mouse game. We
continually strive to have a better mouse.
- AnimalShelterNet's software can be configured to
use SSL (secure sockets layer) which encrypts all communication between any and all clients
(local, remote, and/or wireless) and the server using industry standard 128 bit encryption.
This is the same method used to secure billions of credit card transactions over the Internet.
SSL technology is even considered non-exportable by our Department of Defense.
- It is important to note that SSL Encryption can be used in addition to IPSec, VPN, and
other network security measures.
- AnimalShelterNet also utilizes username/password security that conventional windows